Sunday, June 8, 2008

I've been in the wars ...


I've been busy with training to become a youth mentor with Project K, have had training a couple of weekends ago and again Fri night this week and all day Saturday, so I missed playing the gorgeous snow. I hope theres more snow to come, I'm a big kid and would love to play in it, given the chance. Anyway, I digress, Project K is an awesome concept, it pairs trained mentors with one of 12 students per programme for a 12 month period. If I am accepted, it will give me an opportunity to learn and grow, as a mentor and as a person. I see lots of challenges ahead, and a lot of fun. Yesterday we were trying to figure out how to put 12 people and their bodies thru a hula hoop as quickly as we could, and I managed to cop a knee in my eye, and now I've got an awesome black eye, looks like I've gone a few rounds in a boxing ring. It was funny at the time, but it hurt like hell ... the bruising is still coming out. I went to Riccarton Mall today and got a LOT of weird looks.

3 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

ouch ... nice looking make up you've got going on there ... move over Revlon ...

Anonymous said...

Good one Tracy - looks a bit sore. Good luck with the programme.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Looks really sore Tracy. Hope it's a little better now. Take care! :)

Princess

Princess
Alannah's Big Day